Quick and easy to prepare, these hummus and broccoli-filled pita pockets make for a great lunch, or even a light dinner, any day of the week.
Categories: Lunch, Low Calorie, Dinner, Low Fat, Low Cholesterol, Dairy Free, High Fiber Diet, Vegetarian
- 4 teaspoons jalapenos, fresh and finely chopped
- 2 pita breads (6 inches in diameter)
- 4 tomato slices, large
- 2/3 cup hummus (Middle Eastern chickpea dip), purchased or homemade
- 2 cups Mann's Broccoli Cole Slaw
- In a medium bowl, mix together Mann's Broccoli Cole Slaw, hummus, and jalapeno peppers.
- Using kitchen scissors or a sharp knife, cut pita breads in half.
- Fill each pita half with 1 or 2 tomato slices and 1/2 cup of the broccoli slaw-hummus mixture.
Servings: 4, Calories: 174, Fat: 4.7g, Cholesterol: 0mg, Sodium: 353mg, Carbohydrate: 26.8g, Protein: 6.7g
I hope that you get a chance to give this recipe a try this week.