This simple black bean side dish works well with Mexican or Cuban meals.
Categories: Lunch, Low Calorie, Dinner, Low Fat, Low Cholesterol, Heart Healthy Diet, Dairy Free, High Fiber Diet, Vegetarian
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- salt to taste
- 1 (16 ounce) can black beans
- In a medium saucepan, combine beans, onion, and garlic, and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium-low.
- Season with cilantro, cayenne, and salt.
- Simmer for 5 minutes, and serve.
Servings: 4, Calories: 112, Fat: 0.4g, Cholesterol: 0mg, Sodium: 510mg, Carbohydrate: 20.7g, Protein: 7.1g
I hope that you get a chance to give this recipe a try this week.