I worked at a sandwich shop that made these vegetable sandwiches stuffed with cucumbers, sprouts, tomatoes, and avocadoes. They were a veggie's dream!
Categories: Lunch, Dinner, High Protein, High Fiber Diet, Vegetarian
- 1 ounce pepperoncini, sliced
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons cream cheese, softened
- 6 slices cucumber
- 2 tablespoons alfalfa sprouts
- 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- 2 thick slices whole wheat bread
- 1 leaf lettuce
- 1 tomato, sliced
- 1/2 avocado, mashed
- Spread each slice of bread with 1 tablespoon cream cheese.
- On one slice of bread, arrange cucumber slices in a single layer.
- Cover with sprouts, then sprinkle with oil and vinegar.
- Layer tomato slices, lettuce, and pepperoncini.
- Spread other slice of bread with mashed avocado.
- Close sandwich and serve immediately.
Servings: 1, Calories: 502, Fat: 33.3g, Cholesterol: 32mg, Sodium: 1030mg, Carbohydrate: 46.2g, Protein: 11.3g
I hope that you get a chance to give this recipe a try this week.