How many pull-ups can you do? Do you do kipping pull-ups? Assisted pull-ups? Strict pull-ups? Pull up to the gym then drive away 😂🙃 Comment below 👇🏼 Pull-ups..
Let’s talk about them. It’s a love/ hate relationship. Love the burn but hate how hard they can be. I know, I get it 🙋🏻♀️ But.. if you’re not good at something, that’s an even bigger reason to do it until you get good at them.
There’s progressions and regressions to this movement. And I don’t want to hear the excuse that girl shouldn’t be doing pull ups, everyone should be doing pull ups.
With that being said I use bands to build up my strength to do them unassisted. Different color/width of the band the more/ less it will help you. The band I used from @wodfitters is purple.
Allows me to do 8-10 pull-ups consecutively. If I were to do them without I may be able to string 3-5 depending on the day. How to do a hammer grip pull-up
1. Play’s band around the bars.
2. Secure 1 foot in the band while the other one wraps around behind it to prevent the band from coming up.
3. Hands are facing each other on the bar calling this the hammer grip pull-up.
4.Start all the way at the bottom. retract your scapula by squeezing your shoulder blades together and pulling your traps down and engaging your lats.
5. Come all the up, chin over bar.(inhale)
6. Come down controlled (exhale) Repeat.